Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why am I here?

 WHEW! OK...got my bearings, now. I think I have it kind of figured out -- more or less. Below is my first official message...


I'm here because I am not 'there' right now. 'There' is the non profit organization I  founded for victims of a very painful bone disease, Osteonecrosis, or Avascular necrosis (or, simply, AVN). My organization is called The ON/AVN Support Group Int'l Association, Inc.  It is what I do, and what I love to do -- to help others through this mess we all call AVN.  For the past 15 years, I've devoted my life to helping people cope with this ailment; but there is another side to me that sometimes goes a bit neglected: my 'creative side'.

I'm hoping this blogging experience will give me the freedom to express myself in ways that are not customary, or even possible, on our organization's web site.  So, if you are an org. member and happen to be reading my blog, please remember to try and separate  my two online identities : the org. site represents my work, my professional side;  and this blog of mine is play.

To my family and all of my friends...welcome~!  Please feel free to leave any comments you wish (but be gentle, please!) Love to everyone....

Rie

No comments:

Post a Comment