Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chapter 11 - "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"



OK. This has gone on long enough. Now, I’m super ticked-off.

Not only was Wicky’s trap empty of all food – and the damn door remained open and the trap critterless – but Chuckie’s trap was in the same condition! Not only is this is the final straw, but my hair is starting to fall out (stress? lack of sleep? too much color??).  As for Wicky, I can’t catch him, can’t kill him, can’t figure out what in the hell I’m supposed to do next. I’m tired, and out of ideas, and haven’t seen Donnie since day 1, and……

WAIT! 

Be still my heart!!!! I looked out my back door this morning and saw something that just left me speechless: of all things, a great big cat was prowling around on the sidewalk between the gazebo and the side garden! The opening strains of "The Overture of 1812" suddenly filled my brain!!

Max stood at the back door, just itching to bolt at the cat, but I told him to just cross his legs and hold it for a little while longer. There was NO way I was going to scare this gift of the gods off! Besides, this cat looked awfully familiar. I’ve seen him around now and then and once or twice shooed him out of my yard (mainly to save his butt from Max)….but today, there he is!

Yeah, I know. Don’t get my hopes up. The way things are going around here, I’ll probably wind up with yet another “pet” that I didn’t ask for. Still, there was something about his attitude that gave me a little hope:






With my luck, this’ll probably be more like it…..



                                                                     ______________
     
One more chapter to go, "Epilogue"...look to the right for the link to it

No comments:

Post a Comment