Friday, October 15, 2010

Chapter 6 - "Stop the war for a moment!!"




It’s raining; I need to go to the clinic again this morning; I hurt; it’s getting late and my hair is a mess; the dog ate my homework. Ok, he didn’t really eat my homework, but that is the standard excuse and I’ll toss it in here, too, just because I’m the author and I can.

There is nothing really new to report. Busy at the wildlife clinic all day yesterday, I left Wicky’s trap outside doors-down sprung and sadly neglected all day long. Who had time for the sneaky little critter?? Not I -   I was busy feeding and tending to some of his cousins at the clinic and didn’t have time for the war, so I took a break.

Last night at suppertime, and right on cue, Wicky scooted out from underneath the shed. Like a crazed maniac, he circled and circled the closed trap, desperate for a way to get IN.  “Now, doesn’t that beat all?” I thought. The little wise guy! It was his own fault that the trap was sprung and his entrée sat uneaten and going all deflated-looking.  He stretched and grasped with his little paw for the prizes in the trap but they remained tantalizingly out of reach. For a moment there, I actually felt kind of bad!

Hmmmm….. Maybe I am going about this whole thing the wrong way.  Today I’m off to the clinic again and seriously do not have time to fuss with the trap. So, it’s going to sit there again all day long. I want to see if he figures out a way INTO the darned thing.

This ought to get very interesting……


This photo represents our "Theatre of Battle":




This one's just a nicer view. You can see the gazebo, the side garden across from it, the shed (underneath all of that ivy), the trap and of course, NO "Wicky":




To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment