Thursday, October 21, 2010

Saga of Wicky the Wat - Epilogue

-->
Epilog….

It had been a few days since I’d seen any trace of Wicky. The fat cat continued making guest appearances, prowling happily around the perimeter of our yard – and even Max began to treat him with benign neglect and apparently doesn’t seem to mind the intrusion at all.  Figuring that Wicky had at last found his way back home (I hope!), it was time to secure the rest of the yard for the coming winter. Peace seemed to have been restored in my micro-cosmic little war.

DING dong! Front door bell – and who should be at my door but none other than little Donnie.

“Hi, Mithith Thanahan!”

“Hi, Donnie.”

“Do you wanna buy any of my thcool’s thtuff for Cwithmath?” he asked, thrusting a thin little catalog and crumply jelly-stained order form at me.

“Sure thing,” I reply benevolently. “By the way, Donnie, did your little pet rat find his way home to you, by any chance?” I ventured.

“Huh?”

“You know…little Wicky, your pet rat,” I offered.

“Uh…Mithith Thanahan, Wicky ithn’t a wat ,” he replied, looking very puzzled.

“Let me guess: Wicky is a cat, right?”

“Yup”.  

Go figure!!





The End...really, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. If you enjoyed my little tale of Wicky the Wat, please let me know! If you didn't...you can keep it to yourself, thanks just the same! Thank you for reading it!!

    ReplyDelete